Rose hips

A sure sign that Autumn is here.

Apparently rose hips contain (20x) more vitamin c than oranges.

I once made rose hip syrup from an old WWII recipe and it was rather good – I highly recommend it.

You can find a recipe here

This is the original full size image (6000×4000) (out of camera jpeg)

1/320s f4 iso200

I’m more than a little bit impressed with my new camera’s ability to capture detail

This is a 100% crop

Greysouthen, September 2013

6 Replies to “Rose hips”

1. John Ferebee says:

So you did it or just trying the RX1R out?

• John Pickles says:

Yep, I went for it. No vacation for me this year!

• John Ferebee says:

The mono conversion is pretty good actually. Can you buy converters to use other lenses?

• John Pickles says:

I’m not sure about converters but not having the option of different focal lengths won’t bother me (I like to keep it simple!)
        Most of my images from the last year and a half (since I started photography) have been either 50mm or 28mm.
        I’ve just updated this post with the original un converted image – I prefer the black and white. It was converted in Photoshop Elements

• John Ferebee says:

The crop is amazingly sharp and nice color rendition.

• John Pickles says:

Yep, it’s looking pretty good. This is an out of camera jpeg with ‘auto contrast’ and ‘auto sharpen’ applied. I’m thinking of getting ‘Photo Ninja’ as a raw converter as I’d like to take full advantage of the camera’s abilities, esp. for landscapes.